We are looking for a new colleague with excellent programming skills (Node.js) and a passion for software development.
What is 23numbers? 23numbers offers innovative service applications for connecting service provider IMS networks to enterprise
cloud services to offer a totally new user experience for mobile call integration into the daily life and business processes
Who are we? Headquartered in Berlin, we’re a bunch of around 6 mobile enthusiasts with different nationalities. We believe in the power of technology and mobile to transform people’s lives. We value healthy work relationships, creative problem solving and, naturally, fun.
To help us develop the next generation of our virtual number product, we are searching for a smart person with solid programming skills.
As a Backend/Frontend Developer at 23numbers, you will…
Your are the right candidate if you can answer these questions with a clear “yes”:
- While I am coding, do I have a sense of awareness of security?
- Do I have an understanding of multithreading and race conditions?
- Am I the right person to printout useful error messages and logging ?
- Do I like working with a data model before I start, complete with keys, views, lookup tables and more?
- Do I like working with open source software, and try not to be repetitive with my work?
- Do I have the ability to write clear, consistent and simple to use interfaces?
- Do I understand how to create a readable layout or acknowledge the need to get help from artists and graphic designers?
You are smart, nice to work with and love programming? Great! In addition to that, you got the following skills and experiences:
- Degree in IT with an emphasis in software development or comparable education
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as Express, Angular, React
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Good understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility
- Security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schema that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Gerrit
- Profound professional experience as a software developer and / or as a software engineer, ideally also in international projects
- Very good knowledge in the entire software development process as well as in developing methods
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Previous experience in Rest API development
- Motivation, team spirit and fun of the software development
- Good spoken and written English (other languages are considered a plus)
What can you expect from 23numbers?
- Exciting technical challenges to work on and great opportunities to learn, grow and develop
- A young and dynamic start-up environment with a fast and agile development cycle
- Lots of nice benefits such as a variety of team buildings, social events and flexible working-hours
- The chance to join a fascinating team, if we like you and you like us
- Good payments
Are you the one we´re looking for?
We´re looking forward to receive your application via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org!